Utilizing TripAdvisor’s Contactless Menu & Other Marketing Solutions for Restaurants in 2020September 2, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has been an unprecedented time for everyone. As we navigate through constant uncertainty, it is important to remain optimistic and lift the spirits of everyone in our community. American businessman and author, Harvey Mackay, once said, “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.” Times have been trying, but it is important that we stand together and continue to support each other.
Impacts Caused by the Pandemic
Unfortunately, since March 1st, Yelp has reported 60% of restaurants have closed permanently due to the ongoing pandemic. The restaurant industry has been hit the hardest by permanent closures compared to other industries since the start of quarantining and sheltering-in-place. (Source) Many restaurant owners have been burdened with the difficult realities that their businesses may face regardless of whether they decide to remain open or to close.
Though there have been many challenges, it is important to note that there have been many shining stories of communities banding together in support of local businesses and restaurants. We are reminded that there are still humans who care for those struggling when we hear stories of restaurant owners offering “pay what you can” plates to those facing food insecurity; or residents eating out more, in their community, in order to compensate for the lack of local tourism. (Source)
Our mission at ReviewPush has always been rooted in caring for how other businesses manage their online reputation. Ultimately, if you strip our company of what we do, we would still remain as individuals who both care about the nature of our current events as well as are impacted by them. We hope these resources can be utilized as helpful marketing knowledge to our community and customers.
These resources and marketing tips are geared for those in the restaurant industry. However, please note that these tips carry over to other industries and can be beneficial to them as well. We encourage you to read on with care to see if any of the information could be helpful to you and your team.
Available B2B Solutions
TripAdvisor has launched their new “Contactless Menu” Feature. This feature was produced following their Travel Safe Feature which Cleartrip and TripAdvisor are both utilising. This Travel Safe Feature allows their platforms to inform travellers about the safety measures adopted across destinations, hotels and restaurants. (Source) TripAdvisor’s hope with launching the new Travel Safe initiative is that it makes it easier for travelers to find important health and safety information about hotels and restaurants reopening during Covid-19.
The Contactless Menu Feature is free to any restaurant that has added a menu link to its TripAdvisor listing. According to TripAdvisor’s research, more than a third of consumers (35 percent) say they will put an emphasis on dining at restaurants that keep customers safe. For that reason, minimizing contact for all customers is essential.
Please refer to the graphic below on how to use TripAdvisor’s Contactless Menu Feature:
Practical Marketing Takeaways
This period has been incredibly challenging for so many, and we want to support you in every way possible. Here are some marketing solutions to help you engage with customers online, boost awareness around your takeout and delivery offerings, and keep your business going strong during this unprecedented time.
- Share menu virtually: Highlight changes or updates in your menu on all your social media and review platforms.
- Put a sign on the door to invite foot traffic: If your restaurant is in a central part of town and has dining options available, put up a sign that makes it clear to any potential nearby foot traffic of this.
- Highlight how you’re keeping your restaurant safe and socially distanced: Explain how your company is prioritizing your employees and customers safety on your website, social media, review platforms, and in your brick and mortar facility.
Refine your Offer
- Promote gift cards: This is a great solution for loyal customers who still want to give your restaurant business, but would prefer not to dine in at this time.
- Refine menu to offer more of your customer favorites: Analyze your menu to see which orders are fan favorites and which ones can be temporarily removed from your menu.
- Offer meal kits and family menus: Many families go to restaurants not only for the delicious food, but also for the restaurant experience. Offer a fun experience that families can pick up and take home.
- Add beer & wine to your to-go menu: Some individuals have a favorite beverage that they get only from their local restaurants. Delight your customers and offer these fan favorites in your to-go menu.
Social Media Initiatives
- Show behind the scenes on IG: Give your customers a great impression of the people who daily run your restaurant.
- Feature customers and their reviews on your social platforms: Showcasing reviews or your customers’ impressions is a great way to utilize word-of-mouth marketing for your business.
- Host a giveaway or sweepstakes: Create buzz surrounding your restaurant with an exciting giveaway.
- Utilize these hashtags: #SaveRestaurants #OpenforDelivery #DoYourPartChallenge #SupportSmallBusiness
Customer Experience is now.
Is yours where it should be?
Check out what cX means to ReviewPush, and how we can enhance yours.Teach Me